- On Exhibit
- Private Events
The Artist-in-Residence Program (AIR) at Fruitlands seeks contemporary artists whose work complements our collections and the landscape.
The artist participates in a season-long study of the museum, as reflected in their artwork. Any artist who works in poetry, painting, fabric, pottery, sculpture, music & sound, new media and site specific installations may apply.
The goal of the program is to bring fresh perspectives, and to explore the major themes of the institution's heritage, art, and nature. During the selection process, the artist's vision and relationship to the institutional mission and the program goals are more important than the specific medium.
The AIR program runs from April through November and seeks to illuminate the artistic process for the general public. Visitors are encouraged to interact with the artist through a series of formal and informal events.
The museum provides the artist with:
- Access to the site and collections
- An honorarium
- Publicity for public events, programs, and exhibit's opening event
- Exhibition space
The artist provides the museum with:
- The artist is on-site on a flexible but regular basis doing their work
- The artist participates in a series of public programs
- Selected works created by the artist are available for exhibit
- A piece of art created during the program will become a part of the museum collection
The dealine for applications for the 2015 season is December 6, 2014.
Applicants should mail a letter of intent, resume, and a portfolio of their work to:
102 Prospect Hill Road
Harvard, MA 01451
Applications for the AIR program are reviewed as they are received. All application materials will be retained by the museum. Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.